We encourage residents of the Durham Region to continue to support our local businesses. The Oshawa Generals are highlighting some of our regional partners who remain open and what services they are still providing during these COVID-19 restrictions.
Bell Let’s Talk
- Bell Let’s Talk increased it’s funding by $5 million in response to COVID-19 to support 5 organizations delivering mental health support on the front lines of Canadian communities and to kids and families with remote tools in a time of social distancing.• Donations to address urgent need for increased resources with support for Canadian Red Cross, Canadian Mental Health Association, Kids Help Phone, Revivre and Strongest Families Institute
- Red Cross, CMHA and Revivre to enhance service delivery on the front lines of our communities
- Kids Help Phone and Strongest Families employing multiple communications platforms to support youth and families in a time of physical and social distancingBell also acquires 1.5 million protective face masks to support frontline healthcare and other essential public workers throughout Canada. Masks are being donated to federal, provincial and territorial governments for distribution to every region of the country.
- In April, Halenda’s donated 300 Fresh Chickens to Feed the Need Durham that distributed them across the region to soup kitchens and food banks.
- On Thursday, May 7th Halenda’s was proud to donate more than 400lbs of chicken to the Compass Food Bank. The Compass Food Bank is a Food Bank & Outreach Centre located in Port Credit Ontario serving the area south of the QEW between Winston Churchill Boulevard & Etobicoke Creek.
Home Hardware- Oshawa East
- When Grandview Kids cancelled their May golf tournament, Home Hardware re-directed those funds towards some high tech headsets that they needed to do virtual counselling with their kids.
- Designed a face shield that we have been giving away to the local healthcare community to help in the fight against Covid-19.
- Check it out on Facebook!
- Have created the Durham Region COVID-19 Relief Fund which has 5 funding priorities:
- Basic Needs
- Help for Seniors
- Capacity for Community Services
- Mental Health Support
- Support for Volunteers
- You can be part of the solution and join us in this fight by donating at: support.unitedwaydr.com/COVID-19
- Have been supplying the Canada Food Bank with hand sanitizer