Summer Scout Spotlight Series continues! This week, get to know our featured scout, Tony Ciampa.
How many years have you been scouting?
- 4th year of scouting
What is your full-time job?
- FCA Chrysler Canada
- Work steady midnights and I am a leader on the production side and building of the Chrysler Pacifica and Caravan
- Been there 24 years.
Tell us about your family
- Four beautiful kids, three girls and one boy
- My two oldest girls just graduated from University my son is pursuing a trade and my youngest will be in high school come September
- I am currently separated in marriage but both their mom and I still have a very good relationship and we are both a very big part of our kids live
Biggest hockey influence in your life?
- Too many to name
- Been coaching AAA hockey for thirty years and still love it
- Â A special mention to Rocco Tullio for giving me a chance with the Oshawa Generals to Scout. It’s been a wonderful experience, most importantly meeting and working for a bunch of first class people
Favourite rink to travel to for scouting?
- I really don’t have a favorite rink
- Most old rinks give you a home town hockey feeling still
Typical week in your professional life at the height of hockey season? Â
- Work midnights five to six times a week
- Coach a minor midget AAA team five to six times a week
- Catch as many games as I can both during the week and weekends for scouting
Most number of time you saw/scouted one player?
- A few prospects 8 to 12 times depending on location and schedules
- There have been many that have come through the system where I either coached against them or scouted them