Oshawa Generals Mascot Performer
The Oshawa Generals are looking for an outgoing, energetic individual who can attend home games for the Oshawa Generals and using their energetic personality to create a fun environment in the arena and at community events. The Oshawa Generals are currently seeking a part-time, seasonal Mascot. This position will report directly to the Manager of Game Presentation.
Description of Organization:
The Oshawa Generals Hockey Club is a member of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) and Canadian Hockey League. Established in 1937, the Oshawa Generals are an integral part of the Oshawa and Durham Region Community.
The positive development of hockey players both on and off the ice is our focus, giving the players outstanding facilities and coaches to master their craft while being key members of a community. A winning attitude runs deep within the Generals organization having won 13 OHL Championships and 5 Memorial Cups.
Under the direction of the Game Day Coordinator, responsibilities include:
• Represent the Oshawa Generals as their mascot, Deke
• Participate in promotions in the stands and on the ice
• Interact with fans during the game
• Create a positive and fun atmosphere for all fans
• Attend events within the community
• Strong communication skills (nonverbal)
• Must work well with children
• Be athletic and physically fit
• Must be well organized and dependable
• Must be creative
• Must be able to work irregular hours
• Be available for all home games
• Must be comfortable to interact with people and walk be on ice
• Previous mascot experience is preferred
If you are interested in the position of Mascot Performer, please submit a resume and cover letter by June 29th to:
Manager, Media Relations & Game Presentation
*Applicants will only be contacted if selected for an interview